My vision is to develop constructive thinking and analytical capabilities of every student of CIVIL Department. Our department is committed to provide students with a strong, broad based fundamental engineering education and prepare the students for a career in the industry, teaching and national laboratories. We also plan to develop entrepreneurial skills in students so that they would drive the spirit of growth of our economy and would be able to generate employment opportunities for other qualified and skilled people.
I personally look forward to integrate my experience of over 15 years in teaching and research into the learning systems and the collective efforts of the faculty of the department and build a comprehensive methodology that encompasses whatever that matters for nurturing the minds of our students. I look forward for preparing my students to face the challenges; the technology and engineering sector would offer in the future and succeed in offering technological solutions for the betterment of the society and our nation. Wishing all our students brilliant and bright future.
Prof. M.N. Shirsath
Civil Engineering Department is established in 2010 with UG course (B.E. Civil Engineering) with intake 60. We have added PG course in Structural Engineering with intake 24 from A.Y. 2014-15. In the same year we have started Diploma in Civil Engineering in Second Shift with intake 60. We have 11 well equipped laboratories with advanced equipments like total station, horizontal shake table, accelerated curing tank etc.
Vision of department
To achieve excellent standard of quality education by keeping pace with rapidly changing technologies in Civil Engineering and to create quality Civil Engineers of global standards with capabilities of accepting new challenges.
Mission of department
Our efforts are dedicated to impart quality and value based education in Civil Engineering to raise satisfaction level of all stake holders. Our strength is directed to create competent Civil Engineers. Our endeavor is to provide all possible support to promote research and development activities in Civil Engineering
Program Outcome (PO)
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcome (PSO)
- Engineers will be able to apply concepts for design/test/ implement/analyze systems in the areas related to Civil Engineering for Industry and Society.
- Understudies will have abilities like technical knowledge, Soft Skills, Communication, Problem solving behavior, Decision Making, etc. for successful career in different wings of Transportation Engineering, Environmental Studies, Structural Engineering.
- Outgoing Technocrats will have the capability to comprehend the technological advancements using modern design tools in the areas of AUTOCAD, STADD pro, ANSYS, and SAP for Higher education, Research.
- Assess the environmental impact of various projects and take required measures to curb environmental deterioration.
This discussion is dedicated to all civil engineering graduates looking for different career options/ work opportunities after completing B.E. Civil engineers do not need to be told that they can work in any infrastructure project in India as well as out of India. This ranges from construction and maintenance of power stations, airports, dams, highways, express ways, waterways, industrial units, manufacturing plants, factories etc.
Designing and building of structures, including buildings, roads and bridges come under the scope of education in Civil Engineering. The students who have attained a degree in this branch can work in both the Government and Private sectors. There is a lot of scope for advancement, for those professional engineers who have immense experience in this field. In fact, the students belonging to these programs can also take classes in Mathematics, Chemistry, Engineering principles and Physics. For those civil engineers who aspire to provide services to the public, a license is imperative.
|Bachelor of Civil Engineering (517619110)|
|Degree||B. E. in Civil Engineering||Duration||4 year, 8-Semester, Full-Time|
|Intake||60 students per year|
|Gender Status||Co-Education (Boys & Girls)|
|Course type||Regular First Shift|
- For open candidate:Candidate must have scored a minimum of 50% aggregate percentage in HSSC.
In either of the candidature the applicant must have appeared in Entrance exams of MHCET and JEE Mains with a non zero score.
In order to make a career in Civil Engineering industry, it is mandatory for the students to have a degree in Bachelor. After graduation, the field is open to explore and pursue advancement. The job opportunities involve:-
- 1. A career in public and private sector in a variety of fields, including construction, design, highways, dams, docks, airports, maintenance of roads and management of environment.
- 2. A job in quality testing laboratories
- 3. Exploring the arena of military and defense services
- 4. Working as consultants.
- Duration: 4 years
- Degree: Yes