Department of Computer Engineering is resolved to make Computer Engineers with refreshed proficient abilities in different spaces and having good and social characteristics, driving them to worldwide competency.The aim of the department is to provide high quality education along with training the students with all the new advancements in the computers field. The department takes initiative to improve the soft skills, analytical capabilities and verbal communication of the students so that they can face the competition in the corporate world confidently. The scope of computer engineering is endless. The students of the Computer Engineering are highly demanded by the recruiters of the top companies. The department provides platform for the students to achieve their career goals. We trust that we will keep on delivering our best to serve the general public and humankind. I wish my students all the best for all their endeavors
Department of Computer Engineering (CE) established in the 2008, its own founding year. The department is equipped with good infrastructure and software. Internet facility is made available to the students and staff members. Various skilled & hands on workshop are conducted. The department takes initiative to improve the soft skills, analytical capabilities and verbal communication of the students so that they can face the competition in the corporate world confidently. The scope of computer engineering is endless. The department provides platform for the students to achieve their career goals.
Vision of Department:
We envision being effective and competent Engineers by Providing High Quality Education and Research in vicinity of Computer Science, Technology and their associated areas.
Mission of department:
- To generate new knowledge by engaging in cutting-edge research and to promote academic growth by offering state-of-the-art undergraduate.
- To identify, based on an informed perception of Indian, regional and global needs, areas of specialization upon which the institute can concentrate.
- To undertake collaborative projects which offer opportunities for long-term interaction with academia and industry.
- To develop human potential to its fullest extent so that intellectually capable and imaginatively gifted leaders can emerge in a range of professions.
Program Outcome (PO)
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcome (PSO)
- Engineers will be able to apply concepts for design/test/ implement/analyze systems in the areas related to Computer Engineering for Industry and Society.
- Engineers will have ability to understand, analyze and develop computer programs in the areas related to algorithms, system software, multimedia, web design, big data analytics, and networking for efficient design of computer-based systems of varying complexity
- Engineers will be able to apply standard practices and strategies in software project development using open-ended programming environments to deliver a quality product for business success, higher education, Research.
- Engineers will able to develop modern computer languages, environments and platforms in creating innovative career paths using Professional Ethics and the concerns for environmental well-being
An Engineering degree in Computer engineering is a ticket to the highest paying jobs with never-ending opportunities. Innumerable companies associated with the Information Technology sector are in continuous look out for computer professionals in India and overseas office. This can be a lot attributed to the proficiency which the students have in India, in this particular field.
|Bachelor of Computer
|Degree||B. E. in Computer Engineering||Duration||4 year, 8-Semester, Full-Time|
|Intake||60 students per year|
|Gender Status||Co-Education (Boys & Girls)|
|Course type||Regular First Shift|
- For open candidate: Candidate must have 50% aggregate percentage in HSSC.
For either of the candidature the applicant must have appeared in Entrance exams of MHCET and JEE Mains with a non zero score.
A plethora of job opportunities awaits the students after the completion of an Engineering degree in Computer Engineering:-
- Software Developer- Software developers are professionals who are associated with facades of the software development process. It includes design, coding, computer programming and project management to name a few.
- System Designer- It is the responsibility of these engineers to pursue system designing, logical & Physical designing. The Logical Designing involves output, input, files, database and procedure which are a part of a structure and characteristics.
- Hardware Engineers- The professionals in this field are involved in research, development, designing of the computer hardware. It at the same time includes computer chips, system modems, printers, circuit boards, keyboards and printers working as a part of the installation of the hardware of the computer.
- System Analyst- The professionals in this field are involved in pursuing research about the prevalent troubles/problems. They are also responsible for jotting down a plan to find out the solution of the problem. Recommendation of software also comes under their job profile. The coordination of development between the business development teams is also their responsibility.
- Networking engineers- these professional have the responsibility of designing, implementing and troubleshooting of computer networks.
- Database Administrator- these professionals are given responsibility of designing, implementing, maintaining and repairing of the database of their organization. This position is also known by other names like Database Coordinator or Database Programmer in the Information Technology sector.
- Miss. Sheetal Bhalgat second year Computer student of G.H Raisoni College of Engineering & Management, Ahmednagar secured 3rd prize in SEED IT IDOL competition 2018
- Sheetal V. Bhalgat scored 90 marks in Engineering Mathematics II (Branch - COMP) (2015 P),2017
- Mr. Ashish Dhase, won 2nd prize in SEED IT IDOL competition 2017.
- Miss Aishwarya Sisodia & Miss. Neha Doke of BE computer, student of G.H Raisoni College of Engineering &Management, Ahmednagar Won 1st Prize in “AVISHKAR 2016” at Zonal Level, held by SPPU.