GHRCEM have started Diploma in Civil Engineering in Second Shift with intake 60. We have 11 well equipped laboratories with advanced equipments like total station, horizontal shake table, accelerated curing tank etc. Diploma in Civil Engineering is a 3-year long course in engineering, specializing in the design, construction, and maintenance of physical and naturally-built environment, such as roads, bridges, canals, dams and buildings.
Vision of department
To achieve excellent standard of quality education by keeping pace with rapidly changing technologies in Civil Engineering and to create quality Civil Engineers of global standards with capabilities of accepting new challenges.
Mission of department
Our efforts are dedicated to impart quality and value based education in Civil Engineering to raise satisfaction level of all stake holders. Our strength is directed to create competent Civil Engineers. Our endeavor is to provide all possible support to promote research and development activities in Civil Engineering.
Program Outcome (PO)
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions:: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication:Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcome (PSO)
- Engineers will be able to apply concepts for design/test/ implement/analyze systems in the areas related to Civil Engineering for Industry and Society.
- Understudies will have abilities like technical knowledge, Soft Skills, Communication, Problem solving behavior, Decision Making, etc. for successful career in different wings of Transportation Engineering, Environmental Studies, Structural Engineering.
- Outgoing Technocrats will have the capability to comprehend the technological advancements using modern design tools in the areas of AUTOCAD, STADD pro, ANSYS, and SAP for Higher education, Research.
- Assess the environmental impact of various projects and take required measures to curb environmental deterioration.
(Direct 2nd year Admissions)
|Degree||Diploma in Civil Engineering||Duration||2 year, 4-Semester, Full-Time|
|Intake||60 students per year|
|Gender Status||Co-Education (Boys & Girls)|
|Course type||Regular Second Shift|
Candidates who have completed 10+2 examination with mathematics and science or an equivalent examination from a recognized board are also eligible.
Students enrolled to the course are offered adequate exposure to reinforced concrete structures, quality control, material testing, construction management & entrepreneurship, professional practice and office procedures, extensive survey, building drawing, irrigation & bridge drawing, structural engineering drawing. Candidates also get exposure to software applications like AUTOCAD & STAAD.
Some of the top profiles offered by the top companies are:
Assistant Manager, Civil Engineering, Assistant Field Inspector, Construction Site Assistant Supervisor, Assistant Faculty Member, Executive Engineer, Project Engineer/ Co-ordinator, Quality Control Engineer, Researcher, Chief Engineer, Division Head, Civil Engineering, Project Manager, Civil Engineering, Senior Engineer, Supervisory Engineer, Professor/ Teacher, Independent Consultant, Director of Public Works, etc.
- Duration: 2 years
- Degree: Yes
- Intake: 60 Students per Year