Greetings from the Electrical Engineering department, G.H. Raisoni College of Engineering- Ahmednagar. It gives me immense pride and pleasure to lead the Electrical Engineering Department of this esteemed, reputed and one of the developing institutions of this country.
We at Electrical Engineering department will transform the way we live – from the latest gadgets through sophisticated scientific and industrial technologies. Further, we believe that contributing to long-term economic prosperity through a commitment to education, research and service. Sitting squarely in an Engineering Faculty, the Department of Electrical Engineering is focused on devising innovative, accurate solutions to complex problems, whilst ensuring that the solutions execute optimally. The department’s excellent and developing infrastructure, extremely talented teaching faculty of the best kind ensuring quality education and staff, along with a Training and Placement Cell ensures a bright future to its students. Thus we are confident that our students will emerge as assets not only to this institution and to the organization they belong, but also to the country at large. Thanks to the efforts of our management, researchers, teachers, alumnus and students for their continuous support. We will play a leading role in our discipline and are committed towards creating innovative and effective professional graduate community which would vivacious and provide continuous learning.
Prof. Valmik Gholap
Department of Electrical Engineering was established in year 2014. Department has dedicated and experienced staff members. The department is continuously getting upgraded through effective teaching and learning environment for value based education. The department laboratories are well equipped with instruments such as High Voltage Testing, Shunt DC motors, Induction motors, Synchronizing panel, PLC with water level tank, Microcontroller kits, Control system kits, DSO, CRO, etc. to satisfy the growing need of education environment. Our main focus is on industry based projects and internship to bridge the gap between industry and institute. Department regularly organizes Seminars, Guest lectures and industrial visits for the students. For overall development of the students the department promotes curricular, co-curricular and extracurricular activities.
Vision of department
To produce capable graduate engineers with an aptitude and quality for research and leadership.
Mission of department
- To enhance career opportunities for the Electrical students through industrial exposure.
- To promote excellence by encouraging creative thinking and discipline.
- To inculcate sensitivity toward society and a responsibility towards environment.
- To achieve excellence in learning and research through continual improvement in both content and delivery of the academic programmes.
- To promote close interaction among industry, faculty and students.
- To provide opportunities and ensure regular skill up gradation of faculty and staff through training programmes.
Program Outcome (PO)
- Engineering knowledge:: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems:Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage:Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics:: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcome (PSO)
- Engineers will have the capacity to apply ideas for test, design, execute and analyze frameworks in the zones identified with Electrical Engineering for Industry and Society.
- Exhibit their abilities of technical knowledge and hands-on capability in solving issues of Electrical machines, Power systems, Instrumentation and Control, Power Electronics and Automation.
- Showcase the skills and abilities to comprehend the technological advancements using modern design tools for higher education, research and solving engineering problems
- Display their capacities of soft skills and self/deep rooted learning aptitudes through team work using professional ethics keeping in mind sustainable development.
Electrical Engineering is one of the core engineering fields. As per the definition; it is the field of engineering which deals with the study and application of knowledge related to electricity, electromagnetism and electronics.
Electrical Engineering continues to be that sprawling, impactful and most sought-after discipline in the field of engineering studies. Electrical engineering and Electronics Engineering amalgamated together to give this discipline. Its origin, however, continues to be Electrical Engineering. The world as of the present has been subjected to technical modernization. There has been observed computerization in every field we are aware of. It thus becomes indispensable to understand the electrical and electronic facets of circuits and computerized devices.
The electrical engineering involves the utilization, saving and production of power and energy
|Bachelor of Electrical Engineering|
|Degree||B. E. in Electrical Engineering||Duration||4 year, 8-Semester, Full-Time|
|Intake||60 students per year|
|Gender Status||Co-Education (Boys & Girls)|
|Course type||Regular First Shift|
- For open candidate: Candidate must have 50% aggregate percentage in HSSC.
In either of the candidature the applicant must have appeared in Entrance exams of MHCET and JEE Mains with a non zero score.
Electrical Engineering is definitely that timeless branch of engineering. The reason is simple. There has and will continue to be the need for electricity and electric machines. Thus, well qualified and well versed Electrical Engineers are always in demand.
- 1. Job opportunities in Private and Government sector
- 2. BHEL, Indian Railways, ONGC, Power Stations, PWD departments and the state wise electrical boards are always in need of Electrical Engineers
- 3. Teaching profession in college and Universities after having pursued the M. Tech program
- 4. PhD and Research and Development programs
- Duration: 4 years
- Degree: Yes
- Ms. Priyanka Jagdale achieved first rank in Ahmednagar District and scored 84% in 7th semester SPPU Examination held in Nov 2017
- Ms. Meghna Suryawanshi participated at IETPATW presentation competition at district level in 2018.
- Mr. Deepak Kshirsagar, Mr. Gaurav Mulay and Prasad Nanekar successfully completed their project in L & T Ahmednagar in 2018.
- Mr. Pawan Dyade, Ms. Priyanka Jagdale& Ms. Archana Tanpure successfully completed internship in ACS India Pvt. Ltd. Pune.