I welcome you all to Mechanical Engineering department. It is supported with highly experienced and dedicated faculties, helpful non-teaching staff, modern workshop and well equipped laboratories.
At the Department of Mechanical Engineering , we are committed to achieve excellence not only in training competent manpower for the profession, but in nurturing engineer leaders with the ingenuity. The vision of the department is to mould our students to become successful engineers, entrepreneurs and future leaders with knowledge, analytical skills, creativity and ethics to develop innovative solution on challenging problems. This is achieved by Industry institute interaction through organizing Industry Expert lectures, seminars, and professional development workshops.
Prof. S. K. Kardile
Mechanical Engineering Department
mechanical Engineering is one of the core branches of engineering. mechanical Engineering Department is established in the year 2010 along with Diploma, UG and PG courses. The department is supported with highly experienced and dedicated faculties, modern workshop and well equipped laboratories. The course is with a motivation to compel the world of technology to excellence along with Design, Manufacturing, Aerospace, Robotics, mecatronics, Automobile, CAD/CAM/CAE and much more. Our main focus is on Industry Institute Interaction so department signed more than 15 MOU’s with different industries which provides Industry sponsored projects, Industry Experts for lectures, Industrial Visits, Internships and Placement facility also.
Vision of department
To be recognized internationally for quality education and research in mechanical engineering with excellence in the fields of design, manufacturing and thermal sciences.
Mission of department
To prepare professionally competent and broadly educated quality mechanical engineers by developing analytical and research abilities, encouraging culture of continuous learning and by adopting new technologies to solve complex problems.
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcome
- mechanical Engineers will be able to apply concepts for design/test/implement/analyze systems in the areas related to mechanical Engineering for Industry and Society.
- The mechanical Engineering Graduates will be able to work in manufacturing sectors, service sectors, research area and industries in the totality sphere of operations and maintenance.
- Teaching profession in college and Universities after having pursued the M. Tech program
- Apply their knowledge in the domain of engineering mecanics, design, thermal, production and fluid sciences to solve engineering problems utilizing advanced technology.
- The Graduates will have capacity of Planning and Development for the future with necessary road maps using Professional Ethics and the concerns for Environmental Well-being
Without mechanical engineering, we would not have things like engines, generators, elevators or even air conditioning. While we might not even realize it, we most likely use something that has been mechanically engineered every day.
mechanical engineering plays a critical role in manufactured technologies, from cars to airplanes to refrigerators. It enables you to do many daily activities with ease, as it brings helpful technologies to our modern society. It is one of the most important subdivisions of engineering, because without it, many of the technologies we use every day would not be available.
As the term mechanical Engineering (ME) indicates it implies an association with the word ‘mecanism’. Thus, mechanical Engineering involves the study, design, manufacturing, maintenance and production of the concept of material science, low of physics, environment condition and maintenance. It continues to be the earliest and most comprehensive regimen of Engineering.
|Bachelor of mechanical Engineering
Direct Second Year
|Degree||B. E. in mechanical Engineering||Duration||4 year, 8-Semester, Full-Time|
|Intake||(60+60)students per year|
|Gender Status||Co-Education (Boys & Girls)|
|Course type||Regular First Shift|
- For open candidate: Candidate must have scored a minimum of 50% aggregate percentage in HSSC
In either of the candidature the applicant must have appeared in Entrance exams of MHCET and JEE Mains with a non zero score.
- 1. A career in the file of Design, Manufacturing, CAD/CAM/CAE, mecatronics, Automation, FEM.
- 2. A scope in handling the managerial facets of the industry
- 3. Teaching profession in college and Universities after having pursued the M. Tech program
- 4. The industries which are continually looking for the mechanical Engineering students involve Aerospace, Chemical, Automobile, Railways, Defense, Information Technology, Construction, Industrial Electronics, and Pharmaceuticals etc.
- Duration: 4 years
- Degree: Yes
- Successful installation of ISHRAE Student Chapter on 26th April 2018
- BE students Mr. Ajit Yenare and Mr. Vaibhav Kane selected as RTO officer in March 2018.
- Mr. Nawale Nikhil selected as Water Supply Engineer at Beed Nagar Palika.
- BE student Mr. Shubham Patil qualified GATE examination held in Feb-2018.
- Mr. Anil Khalate achieved first rank (83.80 %) in Ahmednagar District in final year BE SPPU Examination held in May 2017.
- Final year BE student Mr. Anil Khalate topped in Dynamics of Machinery subject in SPPU Examination held in May 2017 scoring 96 marks
- Master of Engineering student Mr. Rajesh Kalase received letter of appreciation from DRDO-VRDE, Ahmednagar for sponsored project “Development of Improved cooling system for tracked vehicle” in 2017.
Research article published by students in UGC Approved Journals
- Paper on “Experimental analysis of heat transfer performance of wavy fin heat sink with different orientation” published by Mr. Nitin Pulate in IJARD-2018.
- Paper on “Experimental investigation on enhancing the engine performance by preheating the air in SI engine” published by Mr. Bilal Shaikh in IJARD-2018.
- Paper on “Review paper on experimental analysis of aluminium rod of heat transfer rate with changing tapered angles and changing cross section area” published by Mr. Saurabh R Avhad in IJARD-2018.
- Paper on “Performance analysis of heat pump by retrofitting of HFC refrigerants” published by Mr. Ganesh Rupnar in IJARD-2018.
- Paper on “Experimental study of alternative refrigerants to replace R134A in a domestic refrigerator” published by Mr. A E Kharat in IJARD-2018.