Heat Power Engineering is one of the core branch of Mechanical engineering. Mechanical Engineering Department is established in the year 2010 along with Diploma, UG and PG courses. The department is supported with highly experienced and dedicated faculties, modern workshop and well equipped laboratories. The course is with a motivation to compel the world of technology to excellence along with Design, Manufacturing, Aerospace, Robotics, Mechatronics, Automobile, CAD/CAM/CAE and much more. Our main focus is on Industry Institute Interaction so department signed more than 15 MOU’s with different industries which provides Industry sponsored projects, Industry Experts for lectures, Industrial Visits, Internships and Placement facility also.
Vision of department
To be recognized internationally for quality education and research in mechanical engineering with excellence in the fields of design, manufacturing and thermal sciences.
Mission of department
To prepare professionally competent and broadly educated quality mechanical engineers by developing analytical and research abilities, encouraging culture of continuous learning and by adopting new technologies to solve complex problems.
Program Outcome (PO)
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions:: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication:Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcome (PSO)
- Analyze, design and develop machining systems to solve the engineering problems by integrating thermal, design and manufacturing domains of mechanical engineering.
- Adopt a multidisciplinary approach to solve real-world industrial problems.
|Master of Mechanical Engineering
|Degree||M. E. in Heat Power Engineering||Duration||2 year, 6-Semester, Full-Time|
|Intake||24 students per year|
|Gender Status||Co-Education (Boys & Girls)|
|Course type||Regular First Shift|
- The Candidate should be an Indian National.
- Passed Bachelor Degree in the relevant field of Engineering and Technology from All India Council for Technical Education or Central or State Government approved institutions or equivalent, with at least 50% marks (at least 45% marks in case of candidates of Backward class categories and persons with disability belonging to Maharashtra State only).
- Passed Bachelor Degree in the relevant course of Engineering and Technology as specified in the eligibility criteria for admission to a Post Graduate Degree course of the concerned University for which admission is being sought.
- Obtained Non Zero Positive Score in Graduates Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) conducted by Indian Institute of Technology.
- For sponsored candidates, minimum of two years of full time work experience in a registered firm/company/industry/educational and/ or research institute/any Government Department or Government Autonomous Organization in the relevant field in which admission is being sought.
Mechanical Engineering is a field of engineering that involves the application of the standards of Material Science for Investigation, Planning, Assembling, Upkeep of mechanical frameworks. Diploma in Mechanical Engineering is the imparting of instruction in assembling or generating industry-ready staff and techniques, technologies, markets and employment patterns in Mechanical Engineering.
- Duration: 2 years
- Degree: Yes
- Intake: 24 Students per Year